How to Use Ceramic Tiles to Create and Design a Mosaic Tile Table Top. If you have an old table you do not like why not turn it into something beautiful by creating a mosaic design on the top. It is easy to do and I show you how in this article.
A New Table Top with Ceramic Tiles
Here are my step by step instructions to create a unique Mosaic Tile Design for an old table top.
Step 1: Preparing the table
- Paint the legs of the table whatever colour you want.
- Also paint any sides that will not be covered with the mosaic
- Leave to dry completely, preferably at least twenty four hours
- Clean the table top thoroughly and make sure it is dry and even
Where to Buy and Source the Ceramic Tiles
- They are too expensive to buy in groups of five or six and you would not need so many of the same design or colour.
- You can buy tiles from stores that have some odd ones over. These are usually put aside in a sale box so are much cheaper and sold individually.
- Some shops have samples on display that they either sell cheaply or give away.
- You can let your family and friends know what you plan to do and ask them have they any left over tiles in their garage or attic.
- Car boot and garage sales are a great place to buy cheap tiles from.
- An important rule is to make sure all the tiles you get are the same depth.
- This is needed so that the table has a level surface when finished.
- The colour, shape and design can be different.